Software and safety equipment hire
We regularly invest in new and upgraded software and new safety equipment to ensure that our standards are kept high and research remains at the forefront.
We hire or lend most pieces of equipment, and can provide information about applications and operation, and training for our more complex items.
Email us to discuss your requirements or to request to hire equipment or use software.
We offer access to the following spaces and software:
- 24-hour access computer labs with specialised applications such as general statistical, demographic and climatological analysis software
- extensive statistical data sets including census information and surveys covering Australia and other world regions
- atmospheric modelling software
- Leica Geosystems including ERDAS Imagine and Leica Photogrammetry Suite, ENVI/IDL, Definies Developer, eCognition and all ESRI ArcGIS products
- a wide range of statistical packages, including Google sketchup, QSR nVivo and SPSS.
Our safety equipment includes:
- class sets of reflective vests and safety hats
- first-aid kits
- EPIRBs and PLBs (personal locator beacons)
- extended-range mobile and satellite phones.
Some items housed within our School are owned by individual researchers or project teams. If you're interested in a particular piece of equipment that is privately owned, contact the equipment owner to discuss opportunities for borrowing, knowledge sharing and collaboration.