Lisa Willson started her Practice at the private Bar in February 2008 after years as an occupational health and safety consultant.
Lisa is formally qualified in the area of health and safety having completed a Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Health and Safety) prior to going to the Bar. This area is therefore a special area of interest for her at the Bar.
Lisa practices in the area of industrial law and personal Injury. She advises and appears as Counsel in both State and Federal jurisdiction as:
- Defence counsel workplace health and safety (Qld) prosecutions;
- Personal Injury generally - (PIPA, Workers Compensation etc.)
- Claims mediations and conferences;
- Disciplinary tribunals generally;
- Defence counsel in prosecutions under the federal workplace laws;
- Q-Comp Regulator Appeals;
- Motor vehicle claims;
- Dependency claims;
- Consumer claims; and
- Criminal compensation applications (Qld).
Lisa is a registered Member (MAICD) of the Australian Institute of Company Directors maintains active advisory roles with the following organisations:
- Brisbane Montessori School, Deputy Chair of the Board 2010 - 2014,
- Director, 35 West Chambers Pty Ltd, 32 Turbot St, Brisbane,
- Review Committee for the University of Queensland's Talbot Family Foundation Unit for OHS Education – 2010,
- Executive positions on the Management Committee of the Safety Institute of Australia (Qld Division):
- Chair, Qld Education Committee 2000 - 2006
- State SIA Conference Organiser 2002 and 2006.