- Master of Arts in Urban and Regional Planning (University of the Philippines)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Children, Youth and Development (Erasmus University – International Institute of Social Studies – The Netherlands)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning (University of the Philippines)
- Bachelor of Science in Community Development, Magna Cum Laude (University of the Philippines)
Reden has over 14 years of experience in working with research-oriented academic institutions, human rights organizations, development NGOs, and social movements. These involvements have given him a professional expertise that encompasses the fields of governance, planning, human rights, and social development, among others. He has engaged in policy research, academic teaching, policy advocacy, program management, partnership and coalition building, and development training.
He is a member of the following research and academic networks: Australasian Early Career Urban Research Network (AECURN) – Queensland Chapter; Relational Poverty Network (RPN); Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP) Young Academics Network; and UQ Housing and Urban Studies Network (UQ HAUS).
- Planning and Urban Informality, Collective Action, Urban Governance, Civil Society Organizations, Social Accountability