- Bachelor of Agriculture in Veterinary Medicine (China Agricultural University 2004-2009)
- Master of Science in Conservation Biology (UQ 2009-2010)
- Master study: A study of the diet of koala (Phascolarctos cinereus) in south-west Queensland. Skill developed: Near-infrared spectroscopy, leaf cuticle analysis, leaf chemical analysis (moisture, nitrogen, phenolics).
- Fieldwork volunteer during master study: Study of movement and dietary pattern of red fox in semi-arid agricultural landscapes. Skill developed: Usage of leg-hole trap, radio tracking, spotlighting.
- Bachelor study: A study of genetic diversity of the genus Crossoptilon using amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP). Skill developed: Basic genetic diversity investigation, amplified fragment length polymorphism.
- Primate Conservation Programme Assistant, Fauna & Flora International China Programme (2012-2014). Duty: Implicating projects on transboundary conservation, habitat restoration and climate change adaptation planning for Cao Vit Gibbon in Guangxi China.
- Laboratory Manager, Veterinary Department of Xiangjiang Zoo, Guangzhou, China (2011-2012). Duty: General laboratory examinations, assisting medical treatment and vaccination.