- BArch (Regional and Urban Planning)
- MArch (Regional and Urban Planning, 'cum laude')
- Master Course in GIS and territorial government
Baresi, U., Vella, K.J., Sipe, N.G. (2017). Bridging the divide between theory and guidance in strategic environmental assessment: A path for Italian regions. Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 62, 14-24.
Baresi, U., Vella, K.J., Sipe, N.G. (2016). SEA integration in sustainable planning frameworks. 36th Annual Conference of the International Association for Impact Assessment. Impact Assessment: Resilience and sustainability. Aichi-Nagoya, Japan.
Baresi, U., Vella, K.J., Sipe, N.G. (2015). Sustainability at the Australian local government level: Is there room for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)? In Burton, P. & Shearer, H. (eds) (2015) State of Australian Cities Conference 2015: Refereed Proceedings, Gold Coast: Urban Research Program at Griffith University on behalf of the Australian Cities Research Network.
Paolillo, P.L., Baresi, U. (2015) The Integration Between Cultural Value, Historical Understanding and Urban Energies, to Assess Existing Real Estate Suitability for Intervention: The Case of Cremona. In: O. Gervasi, et al. (Eds.), ICCSA 2015, Part III, LNCS 9157, Springer, Berlin, 2015, pp. 440–456.
Baresi, U., Vella, K.J., Sipe, N.G. (2014) Improving SEA procedures within Italian regions: Towards a more effective evaluation of urban sustainability. Urbanistica Informazioni, 257(9) 14-17.
Paolillo, P.L., Baresi, U., Bisceglie, R. (2012) Cartographic Circuits Inside GIS Environment for the Construction of the Landscape Sensitivity Map in the Case of Cremona. In: B. Murgante, et al. (Eds.), ICCSA 2012, Part II, LNCS 7334, Springer, Berlin, 2012, pp. 331–346.
Paolillo, P.L., Benedetti, A., Baresi, U., Terlizzi, L., Graj, G. (2011) An assessment-based process for modifying the built fabric of historic centres: the case of Como in Lombardy. In: B. Murgante, et al. (Eds.), ICCSA 2011, Part I, LNCS 6782, Springer, Berlin, 2011, pp. 162–176.
- International Association on Impact Assessment (IAIA)
- Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- Italian Institute of Architects, Planners and Landscape architects (OAPPC)
- 2009-2012: Teaching assistant in University laboratories of Urban planning (Politecnico di Milano)
- 2009-2014: Planner and GIS consultant (Contribution to Urban Planning schemes and Environmental assessments in Italian cities and towns)
- Research interests: Environmental planning, Sustainability appraisal, Participatory planning, Carrying capacity, Ecosystem services, Performance based planning
- Personal interests: learning new languages, eating at restaurants, writing spy books, playing and watching sports (Soccer and American Football)